Pain and discomfort can interfere with even basic daily activities. At The Chiropractic Doctors In Cascade we aim to ease the pain by re-establishing proper joint function and mobility, eliminating any unwanted pain and discomfort.
Back pain can leave you in constant discomfort, which can reduce your quality of life. As your chiropractor in Grand Rapids, we help patients manage their back pain. By treating pain at its source, we help patients avoid problems like low back pain, middle back pain and upper back pain.
There are many different types of back pain treated by your Grand Rapids contractor. Different types of injuries can cause back pain in different parts of the back. For example:
• Upper back pain often occurs as the result of workplace injuries, ergonomic trouble and stress that causes the muscles in the body to become tense.
• Middle back pain is a common problem people experience because of subluxations and herniated disc problems.
• Lower back pain often occurs because of poor lifting techniques, herniated disc and similar injuries.
The causes of back pain are varied. Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
• Poor posture and form. Poor posture puts strain on the vertebrae, leading to pain in the neck and back.
• Career and ergonomics. Sitting in an uncomfortable chair or in an uncomfortable position all day can cause upper and middle back pain. • Active lifestyle. Active lifestyle can put strain on the muscles, leading to middle and lower back pain.
• Bulging disc. Bulging disc is what occurs when a disc between the vertebrae slips out of place, causing numbness.
• Muscle strain. Muscle strain can lead to pain in all parts of the back, depending on which muscles are being pulled and used the most.
There are many ways that your chiropractor in Grand Rapids may choose to treat your back pain. Some of the most common methods include:
• Spinal adjustment. During the spinal adjustment process, we realign the vertebrae to reduce pressure on the spinal cord.
• Massage therapy. Massage therapy helps soothe aching muscles and reduce stress, which can cause back pain.
• Stretches and exercises. Performing stretches and exercises can help loosen muscles and reduce pain from injuries.
When you notice neck pain in Grand Rapids, it may stem from a variety of situations and factors. By identifying the cause of your pain and working with a chiropractor in Grand Rapids, you address the discomfort and encourage natural healing.
Types of Neck Pain
The types of neck pain you may experience depend on your situation and the underlying cause of your pain. Generally, you may notice a feeling of tension and a discomfort when you turn your head or move your neck. You may also notice sharp pain from certain neck injuries. Consistent or persistent pain that does not fade may also occur with certain injuries.
In most cases, you will notice the pain as well as other symptoms. The discomfort and symptoms help a chiropractor in our clinic identify the cause of your pain and develop a personalized plan to help with healing and recovery.
The causes of your neck pain depend on the underlying factors contributing to discomfort. By identifying common reasons for your pain, a professional clarifies the appropriate treatment strategy to address the discomfort.
Common causes of neck pain in Grand Rapids include:
The pain may stem from a variety of situation and factors. By working with a chiropractor, you address the underlying cause of your pain and allow your body to heal without using harsh medication or treatment solutions. Treatment from a Grand Rapids Chiropractor Treatment from a Grand Rapids chiropractor in our clinic depends on your situation and the factors causing your pain. Generally, we recommend a combination of treatments using chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy and exercises to help with your goals. We may suggest changes to your lifestyle, such as dietary changes, to help with certain factors that contribute to your pain. Our treatment strategy depends on your needs and we develop a custom plan to help with your recovery.
As your chiropractor in Grand Rapids, we help patients manage their aches and pains and avoid injuries. Using techniques like spinal adjustment, stretches and exercises and massage therapy, we help our patients reduce their pain and improve quality of life. To make an appointment for back pain treatment in Grand Rapids, contact us today at (616) 432-3103.